The Oscar Bowl
Even though I don’t consider myself a true cinephile, I love to watch the Oscars! I consider it my Super Bowl.
1. The red carpet fashions
2. The opening monologue/song-and-dance routine
3. The emotional speeches
4. Watching people experience their most intense dreams come true
5. Staying up late on a Sunday night!
1. The long, boring speeches
2. The boring categories (although I think most of these have been moved to a pre-Oscars show)
3. The boring commercial breaks (I am now used to watching TV through PVR. Not being able to fast forward through commercials is just a ridiculous way to live life!) (I am such a snob).
4. Already pretty much knowing who is going to win the main categories (Best Actor – Colin Firth; Best Actress – Natalie Portman; Best Movie – Inception or Social Network).
5. Waking up the next morning and not remembering (or caring) who won each category
But it’s still totally worth it.
I’ve got three different kinds of potato chips (with my very favourite — Zesty Doritos — in attendance! This ain’t no time for kale chips), dark chocolate-covered almonds, my hubby with a Film degree (excellent for informative commentary), my son who is going to experience his very Oscars telecast (that is, if he isn’t in the midst of his evening meltdown), and my expandable pants on a cold, wintery night. I AM READY. In the words of Charlie Sheen, “Bring it!”.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .