Archive for February 19, 2011
Well, our plumbing problem was easily (temporarily) fixed. The plumber guy just plunged one of the pipes from outside and managed to clear the back-up that was causing all of the flooding. But he says that we should replace the exit pipe from our house since it’s old and outdated (shaped like a U?) with a newer one (with a straight shape). Cost? About $1700. Man oh man! This home ownership thing can be the pits. However, because we successfully completed an energy audit and should be getting about $3000 back from the government, it won’t be as much of a strain on the wallet (Still bites, though!). And so it goes…
But I am writing this morning because:
1. Henry slept great! I made a conscience effort to make sure he ate a good, double-sided (if you know what I mean!), 20-minute meal every time he woke up, so he slept in three hour intervals and didn’t fuss after I put him down each time. There is such a huge difference between sleeping every 2 hours and sleeping every 3! He gets up every morning around 7 am, regardless of how much sleep he gets, but he just laid there cooing to himself. When I looked into his bassinet, I got a huge smile. And that, my friends, is why I had a kid! lol
2. I am drinking caffeinated coffee. Oh, glorious and wonderful caffeinated coffee.
3. I had a mango for breakfast! Is there anything better in life than a perfectly ripe, fresh mango?
I had it along with a slice of Vegan Banana Bread. I highly recommend this recipe! I made the following substitutions:
– I replaced 1/2 a cup of all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour
– I used 1/2 a cup of granulated sugar instead of 3/4 cup
Next time I’ll try replacing a full cup with whole wheat flour and maybe using even less sugar.
I haven’t been following my dairy-free stint very well. You know that bag of Smart Food popcorn that husband bought for the Super Bowl but was left uneaten? Um, I can verify with 100% confidence that it is no longer uneaten. Oops! There is also cream in my cup of coffee this morning. I really need to get some soy creamer! BABY STEPS.
We are off to visit friends this afternoon and Hubby’s side of the family this evening. A busy day, but I’m excited to get out of the house! Plus I like to show off my cute kid.