I got these questions from a great blog I’ve been reading for years, so I decided to fill it out for my own enjoyment! (And, also, yours, evidently.)
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Why, I birthed me a baby! You will notice that the “birthing of the baby” is a recurring theme in the 2010 recap.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My new year’s resolution was to have a baby, so I am now pretending to check this off an imaginary list in a pantomime-like fashion. Yes, I have already made a resolution for next year but you will have to wait for tomorrow’s post for that. Ooh, tease!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Oh yes, there was a procreative epidemic among my group of friends! Something in the water?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Just America! Land of Target and The Olive Garden.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
To fit into my pants; to grow at least one edible vegetable; to really be frugal and save
billions hundreds in the process.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 4th! Pretty obvious why…
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Aside from the cliche answer of giving birth, I am really proud that I survived my last three months of work and successfully organized a four-day event for 150 people. Giving birth was peanuts in comparison! (Not really).
9. What was your biggest failure?
That’s a toughy. It would have been nice to go away for a few days this summer before Henry’s arrival, but I think I was more focussed on saving money. If I could get in my Delorean, we would have gone to NYC or something (well, first we would have visited 2015 and bought a sports almanac and THEN we would have gone to NYC).
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I suffered a bit of injury during the birthing process, but we won’t talk about that right now. Moving on!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Basically anything that makes Henry sleep more easily — his swing and his swaddleme specifically. But I didn’t buy those so they don’t count? I guess all of the delicious almond butter I ate. And the Greek yogurt! Is it any surprise that my favourite purchases were food?
12. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage payments. Being an adult is the pits!
13. What did you get really excited about?
Finding out I was pregnant was pretty nifty. Seeing Henry for the first time was incredibly thrilling. The time between the two events was thoroughly enjoyable (lucky me!).
14. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Tik Tok by Ke$ha. Yeah. I know.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier 🙂
– thinner or fatter? Fatter 😦
– richer or poorer? Richer 🙂
Two out of three smiley faces. I call that a win.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eaten less complex carbohydrates
18. How did you spend Christmas?
At our parents’ eating too many complex carbohydrates
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Dexter. We watched all four seasons on Bluray this summer and I anxiously await the release of season five SO PLEASE NO SPOILERS.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I don’t have a hot clue. I didn’t read nearly as much as I would have liked. I like to think that all of my brain power was focused on growing a fetus. Sure. Let’s go with that.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
I mostly listen to adult contemporary radio because I am so hip, but I really enjoyed the Vampire Weekend album.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
The Social Network I guess. I have the worst memory when it comes to stuff like this!
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
The glory of keeping a blog is that I know exactly what I did on my 29th birthday! I ate a pumpkin scone, went for a walk, had a midwife appointment, made and ate a pizza, and carved a pumpkin.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
The job promotion raise without the job promotion work. Haha.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
26. What kept you sane?
Social networking. Library books. Coffee.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.