November and February are traditionally my most-despised months, but for obvious reasons, I do not feel my usual hate. For one, it is the month of my son’s birth! *insert OMG face here* For two, I do not have to go to work (I promise I will stop mentioning this in every entry; this will likely happen sometime in mid-March). For three, today is beautiful!
I’ve found that a great way to start my day is by having a bowl of yogurt and granola and then immediately going for a 1/2 hour walk. I wonder how this routine will change once baby arrives? I was thinking I could still probably get out for a quick 20 minute jaunt once he is fed and sleeping again, since Husband is often home in the mornings (today he started work at noon). I would bring baby along with, but don’t feel comfortable doing that in the cold months!
I just really want to make sure I get at least a bit of fresh air and exercise this winter. I can easily see myself hibernating away, wrapped in blankets and eating an abundance of carbohydrates. That doesn’t sound so bad…until even my beloved yoga pants won’t fit! <– Possibly speaking from experience. Possibly.
The maple tree on my front lawn
Along with daily walks, another of my “healthy hopes” is to have either a salad or Green Monster each day. I’ve mostly been having GMs because I’ve been having leftovers for lunch. Today’s lunch consisted of:
- Leftover snobby joe mix on three small slices of rye bread
- Leftover steamed veggies
- Black grapes
- Slice of Jalapeno Havarti cheese
The chocolate chip cookies are calling my name, but I am trying to hold out until my snack of a GM later this afternoon. Will power, where art thou?!!?
My plans for the rest of the day involve:
- Watching Oprah. Portia De Rossi, aka Ellen’s wife, is going to be talking about her experience with anorexia.
- Making Oh She Glow’s chili along with a loaf of quick bread (new recipe! If good, will be sure to share)
- Watching It’s Complicated (got it in the mail this morning via Zip)
- Avoiding Halloween candy like it’s The Plague (except it’s not The Plague, is it? It is actually the complete opposite of The Plague in every single way.)
- Waiting to give birth <– Requisite to-do list item
A Bootsy Paw For Your Enjoyment