This is my 68th day left of work, not that I am counting! Actually, I am feeling very chill right now, which is an odd sensation to have first thing Monday morning. I credit the green tea! And the fact that I am going to a baseball game tonight! Lately, I have been thinking that I need to get out more. I am such a homebody, but I need to remember that the little guy currently residing in my uterus is going to make me even more housebound, especially this winter. Friends have encouraged me to get out more, and that is what I shall do! We have a couple of friends who live in Korea staying with us for the next few days, which should keep things interesting. And, tonight, we are going to see a Jays game! I foresee some vegetarian street meat in my immediate future. Because of that, I knew I needed a Green Monster for breakfast. Get those fruits and veggies in while I can!
The classic GM combination of:
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of 1% milk
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed fruit
- Lots of spinach
As well as a whole wheat bagel toasted with cream cheese.
I would now usually post my “Monday Rundown”, but I have recently switched my spreadsheet from Excel to Google Documents and now I am having trouble copying-and-pasting it into the blog! So I will give you an abbreviated run down of what I spent last week!
1. Blueberries, spinach, chocolate bar – Antioxidants much?
2. Lunch for me, Husband, and his two coworkers – I was feeling generous! Take a picture, it doesn’t happen often 🙂
3. Contact lenses – I order them online so it costs about half of what it would cost at my ophthalmologist’s. That is a really difficult word to spell!
4. Groceries – Usually husband pays for groceries, but I forgot his credit card on Saturday morning. Luckily, I reduced the bill by 30%! Usually we spend about $100 per week, but this week it was only $70. Booyeah!
I definitely spent more than my budgeted $90 per week, but I have more than enough in the reservoirs. The contact lenses will be reimbursed by my health plan which is nice! I also want to buy some prescription glasses in the next couple of weeks. My last pair were black thick rims, but I am thinking of going rimless this time around. Thoughts? Opinions?
Time to work hard on this Day 68!