Definitely the easiest way to greet a Monday morning is by making a big ol’ Cereal Mess for breakfast!
This one includes:
- 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- Large handful of fresh blueberries
- About 7 tiny local strawberries
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- Tbsp of raisins
- Sprinkle of coconut
- Spoonful of almond butter
I don’t know if it was the great breakfast, but I woke up this morning feeling wonderful. It just felt fabulous to be alive! This is a crazy feeling to have, especially at 6:00 am on a Monday morning so I just rolled with it.
My morning was slightly tarnished when I got off the subway and FELL while walking up the steps. At least falling UP the stairs is better than falling down, but I still banged up my knee and felt embarrassed. Oh well. I made myself feel better by ordering a medium coffee instead of a small 🙂
So it’s a new week and a short one at that! I have Thursday off for Canada Day and then Friday is another 1/2 day. I can’t complain!
And, because it’s Monday, I present to you The Monday Rundown. This is a record I keep of my spending during the past week.
|cookies, crackers, berries, bagels||$10.17|
|cherries, bananas, garlic, onion||$5.65|
|cat litter, gum, cup, deodorant||$16.97|
|Total for week||$69.76|
Obligatory comments about this:
- My goal was to buy no food, but the disclaimer was that I didn’t want to buy any convenience foods like a muffin or latte. The food I bought was for cooking and Chocolate Cherry Bomb-creating purposes only 🙂
- We spent about $20 at the farmer’s market, but Husband paid for most of it
- We also split the cost of paint for the baby’s room
- Self magazine is one of my mandatory splurges. $4.50 is worth the happiness I derive from the hour or two I spend reading it.
Yesterday afternoon, I REALLY wanted to just go shopping. I wanted to browse around a mall or a department store just for the fun of it. Then I thought better of it. I knew it would eventually lead to unnecessary spending, so instead I did chores. Um, not quite as fun. But it’s like a diet in that way. Tough during the self-discipline part, but worth it after the fact!