Dessert for Breakfast
After a breakfast like this, all I can say is “HUMINA”.
Let us all join together for a communal “HUMINA”.
I mean, check this puppy out!
This decadent concoction consists of:
- 1 cup pitted cherries, frozen
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup of 1% milk
- 1 Tbsp of cocoa powder
It was like eating dessert for breakfast! It was the consistency of ice cream, so much so that I added a tad bit more milk. Looking back, I wish I hadn’t because I loved how thick it got. Imagine you added Xantham Gum to this guy? Wow, is all I can say!
There was an additional 1/3rd still left in the blender!
I had it with a slice of Blueberry Oat bread, thereby transforming this breakfast into one of The Best Ever.
I warmed the bread in the toaster oven, which was especially nice after the freezing cold Chocolate Cherry Bomb
And to top it off, I didn’t even buy a coffee today because I think I got my “caffeine high” from the cocoa powder. Kind of crazy!
Because of this, and because it’s Friday (TGIF!), and because I only have to work a 1/2 day, and because the G20 summit has made Toronto traffic practically non-existent, I am in a great mood. Check out my subway ride this morning!
Where are all of the people? I don’t care, I hope they don’t come back! 🙂
To top off this joyous post, here are more good things:
- As previously mentioned, I only work a 1/2 day today (It’s a perk of the job; we only work half days on Friday though the summer). Because of this, I’ll be able to hit up my local farmer’s market for the first time this season! I am praying for local strawberries or, dare I wish, cherries?
- Tonight we’re buying paint for the baby’s room!
- It is a beautiful day out
- Looking forward to seeing family tomorrow
- Did I mention I had the most delicious breakfast this morning?