What an hour can do
Husband had to leave for work at 7:30 am this morning which is unprecedented for the line of work he’s in (television), so I was able to score a ride to the subway! Furthermore, I was able to leave home a full 25 minutes later than usual which meant that I had plenty of time to make an awesome breakfast. If I have time to spare, I will almost always make something hot for breakfast (except for last weekend, when I was feeling the Bagel Love).
Today it was eggs, toast, and fruit — a balanced breakfast if there ever was one.
- 1 egg and 1/4 cup egg whites
- two pieces of whole wheat toast with margarine
- fruit salad consisting of 4 sliced strawberries, 1/2 sliced banana, handful of blueberries, large handful of grapes
Stuffed was I
Estimated cost of breakfast:
- Eggs and egg white – 50 cents
- Toast – 25 cents
- Fruit – 90 cents
- Margarine – 5 cents
Total – $1.70
I have a conundrum on my hands. This is the type of conundrum that only weirdos like me have. I usually eat my lunch at 11 am ON THE DOT. I am like a robot that way. But today, I’m in a meeting from 11 am – 1 pm. My options are:
- Eat beforehand, at like 10:30 am (yes, this is lunch we’re talking about)
- Eat after, at 1:00 pm when you will be so hungry you want to gnaw an arm
- Have a large snack at 10:30. This is a great option IF I had packed a large snack. Whoops.
I think I am going to have to go with option #1. Yes, I am going to be that weird girl in the office who is eating lunch at 10:30 am. At least I have the pregnancy as an excuse! Ladies, pregnancy is an excellent excuse for almost anything. Even if it has nothing to do with pregnancy, just blame the pregnancy and no one will fault you for it. I promise.