I predict a busy day at work, so I’ve got to make this quick! Blogging should always come before work, don’t you think?
For breakfast, I had some Overnight Oats and I remembered to take a picture before I added the toppings!
- 1/3rd cup of rolled oats
- 1/3rd cup of plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/3rd cup of 1% milk
I let this sit overnight in the fridge, and then this morning added:
- 3 sliced strawberries
- Small handful of blueberries
- Small handful of granola
- 1 not so small tablespoon of almond butter
I am now a little obsessed with calculating how much each meal costs. Forget calories, I want to count cents!
This is my approximate breakdown:
- Oatmeal – 5 cents
- Milk – 15 cents
- Yogurt – 22 cents
- Strawberries – 30 cents
- Blueberries – 25 cents
- Granola – 25 cents
- Almond butter – 30 cents
Total – $1.52. Not bad! I am going to try calculating the cost of more of my meals so that I can gain perspective on the comparative expense of going out to eat.
And since it’s Monday, it’s time for The Monday Rundown! This is what I spent on miscellaneous stuff last week:
|Contribution to coworker gift||$5.00|
|Total for week||$80.96|
1. Girlfriend still loves her coffee
2. It sucks I had to pay for my ultrasound pictures, but they are definitely the best photos I have ever seen!
3. Going to see a 3D movie in Toronto is expensive, but worth it for the fun night out (Just make sure to eat dinner at home beforehand)
I stayed under budget by about $35.00, so a good week! My goal for this upcoming week is to not eat out once. The only food item I home to buy is, of course, coffee 🙂