Ah, my first official post. The canvas is blank, the paint brushes are new, and I am ready to impress the world with my frugality and consumption of nut butters. Oh yeah baby.
The daily tone of this blog will likely be your traditional food journal that, perhaps, will not contain every single item of food I eat because I have this nasty of habit of eating constantly. But I will give the gist and a run-down of what I consume each day.
I didn’t plan on starting this journal today, but since it’s the beginning of a new month, I’d like to anyway! I will just improvise with pictures nabbed from Google image!
- Thin hamburger bun toasted with natural peanut butter and apricot jelly
- 4 strawberries and some blueberries
Is it just me or are the strawberries getting larger every year? They are almost the size of plums, I swear! Soon, they will be larger than apples. It is a frightening prospect.
Snack (I am huge into snacks!) (Conversely, snacks make me huge?):
- A slice of morning-glory loaf. This loaf was a FAIL because I substituted 1 cup of all-purpose flour with spelt flour and cut down on the oil without really adding a replacement. The flavour was spot on, but the texture was too crumbly. Every time I’ve had a slice this week, I say to myself quietly, “LOAFFAIL”.
Please note the non-crumbly nature of this superior loaf:
- A recurring theme in this flog (food + blog) is my daily salad. Each day I’m at work, I eat a salad without fail. The base is always baby spinach and I load on whatever veggies I have on hand (usually cucumber, peppers, mushrooms, and broccoli). I always top it with a cheese of some sort (feta lately), nuts (walnuts), and something sweet (chopped up dried apricots). I have it with store-bought balsamic vinaigrette even though I tell myself I should make my own vinaigrette. Some day!
- For dessert, I had two squares of Lindt sea salt dark chocolate. Yum!
Now I am chewing on a piece of gum. I hide nothing from my readers!
I will try to take pictures and blog the rest of the day’s eats. Let’s see how difficult this will be…